This is the first ever meme on this blog. It was inspired by a message board conversation which started out about what we would do if we had ten lives and morphed into the lives we have had, right in this lifetime. As humans, we tend to seperate different roles we’ve played or different places we’ve lived into whole different lives. There don’t have to be ten of them (ten just sounds good), and you don’t have to include much detail (mysterious is good).
Here are mine:
1. Bush kid: trapline, fish camp, all that stuff.
2. Homeless teenager, in and out of foster care.
3. I lived in a zen buddhist hippie commune for a minute.
4. Kept young woman: I had kinky sex with an alcoholic forty something closeted Christian lesbian in exchange for rent while I started school and my career as…
5. Professional computer/networking geek (didn’t last too long).
6. Fucked up, a little tweaked, and slightly gangsta sex worker in LA (anyone who knows me now would be so shocked to meet me then).
7. Graveyard waitress. I did enough of it to last a lifetime, because I kept moving to places where I wasn’t old enough to work in titty bars, and I never had enough money for a place to live. When you live in a van with a bunch of dogs and it’s hot outside graveyard waitressing maximizes your money while ensuring that your dogs don’t cook.
8. Dog trainer… herding, search and rescue, accellerant detection, behavior problems. And a gazillion aggressive rescues that I was always rehabing. Plus seventeen feral cats.
9. College student and child advocate (in which I learned: systems don’t change from within, they assimilate you. Fuck, that life dragged on waay too long).
10. Hobo Stripper. 😀
How it works:
Do it on your blog, and then comment here with a link. In a few days, I’ll make a post with all of yours and links to your blogs. Super easy, super fun, and you get a link outta the deal.