The conference was great. To summarize:
– Great spot, great people.
– I love older hippies. They totally inspire me, plus they remind me that I never want to Sell Out and Work For The Man.
– I went totally expecting that everyone would know way more than me. But it turns out that a lot of people didn’t know anything, and that in the general scheme of things I might know a bit more than I thought.
– I made the mistake of going to the classes of all the famous women whose books I’ve read. As usual, what they say in their classes is a shortened, usually dissapointing, version of what was in their books. I mean, I already read the books and think they’re totally amazing and that’s why I want to hear more, not less.
– Janice Schoffield is just as awesome in person as she is in print. She smelled my monkeyflower tincture!
– Another famous herbalist had a bit of an ego problem. Eh, I guess nobody’s perfect.
– There’s herb people in Alaska!
– Great food. Really, really great food.
– Kids threw the ball for Bro. He loved it.
– I learned a lot and have a ton of notes and a bunch of research to do about things I learned.
– I realized I’ve worked, like, every day for two months. I’ve taken six days off. No wonder I’m cranky and bitchy and starting to make crappy money and eat shitty and not excercise and can’t get anything done. Holy crap, what was I thinking? Fuck work, I’m gonna go hang out by the river for a while.
Tomorrow: post one of the hobo stripper materia medica.